If you served your country during a period of war you may be eligible for a pension. This pension is received monthly and is paid directly into the veterans or surviving spouses bank accounts. It can be anywhere from $1,056 to $1949 for both Veteran and Spouse.

According to Senior Care Associates. This pension is completely tax free, it was established in 1952 to provide financial assistance to wartime veterans and their surviving spouses. These funds are used for the care they may now require for activities of daily living such as, medication management, dressing, mobility, meal preparation, bathing etc.

Care can be provided at home, in an independent living facility, an assisted living facility, or a nursing home and the care can be provided by relatives or a professional staff like Danville Support Services.

To receive these benefits, veterans must have served 90 days active duty with one day during a period of war.

Did you or a parent serve in WWII, Korea or Vietnam?

  • World War II: December 7, 1941 through December 31, 1946
  • Korean Conflict: June 27, 1950, through January 31, 1955
  • Vietnam Era: August 5, 1964 through May 7, 1975 or February 28 1961, through May 7, 1975, for a veteran who served in the Republic of Vietnam during that period

We were fortunate to have worked with Senior Care Associates and their staff to help our family with these types of services. They made the process easy with their knowledge and follow up. They were extremely professional and friendly. If you have someone who may qualify for this aid, give them a call at 801 424-1444 or visit their website at www.seniorcareassociates.com.