What We Are Looking For
We are looking for fun energetic individuals who are looking for a rewarding career that benefits the lives of others. We want experienced (whether life experience or professional) people who can help our clients manage their day-to-day tasks from personal grooming, meals, medications, transportation and to bridge other other “gaps” that may have come up in our clients life (whether due to a physical ailment or mental disability) that they are no longer able to do, or safely complete, on their own.
This particular client will need someone with experience with dementia care, transfers, companionship, meals. This client will also need assistance in the shower, toileting and walking up/down steps. There is also a puppy in the residence.
- Provide non-medical personal care including oral hygiene, bathing, dressing, shampooing, combing hair, shaving, and assisting with toileting
- Remind clients to take prescribed medications
- Be an active participant in the care team for clients and families
- Help with mobility around the house or outside (doctor’s appointments, shopping, walks etc.)
- Assist with personal care and hygiene, plan and prepare meals and help with physical therapy exercises
- Complete client’s shopping or accompany them to successfully do so
- Perform light housekeeping, laundry, and home management for clients
- Assist with activities of daily living, including eating, dressing, etc.
- Maintain clients’ and families’ confidentiality
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Complete clients’ log books and report to the supervisor any changes to clients’ conditions and needs
- Plan and prepare meals, including serving and other tasks
- Attend scheduled staff meetings and complete required pre-service and on-going training requirements
- Use the resource library as a tool to improve skills
- Enjoy working in a one-on-one setting, eager to improve and continuously learn new skills
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with physical capability to perform job-related duties
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation every single day
- Validated ability to act in a compassionate and supportive manner
- Available to work different shifts, including nights and/or weekends
- Prior experience in a healthcare, hospitality, or in-home care environment (minimum of 1 year)
- Willingness to enforce to health and safety standards
- Supportive and compassionate
- High School Diploma or equivalent/Experience as a Caregiver, CNA or HHA, or completion of a CNA Program
- Take pride in providing high quality care
Danville Support Service is also a certified CNA school. Non Danville Employees $400.00. Danville Employees for less than a year $300.00. Danville Employees for more than a year $200.00. Once you get your CNA Certification and still work with Danville after 1 year of the day you are CNA Certified, Danville will reimburse to you the cost of the class. Danville Support Services is BONDED and INSURED.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.